Dodge Repair/04 Ram 1500 overhead console

Hi, I am having problems with my 04 Ram 1500 SLT 4x2 Crew Cab. Recently my overhead panel, reading lights, and my cargo light went out. i replaced the bulbs and even tried a new overhead panel entirely and nothing changed. i took a multimeter to the c2 connector under the fuse box and was getting no coltage from some of the pins. i was just wondering what my next step should be? Thank you

Whiteman AFB

Hi Devin,
Check fuses 17, 18, 22, and 28 which are involved with various aspects of the overhead console. Then look for the ground wire from the console which is located below the radio and above the heated seat switch, a black/white wire bolted to the support for the center console. As to the C2 plug at the power module, all the pins except 4, 11, and 15 should be 'hot' at all times, and pin 12 only when the key is in the run position.
Let me know what you find.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).