Dodge Repair/'12 Ram:Transmission stuck in 4th gear

Question
Hi,I was on a trip with my 2012 dodge ram 4x4 and everything was going good. I stopped for the night and when I went to leave in the morning, I put the truck in drive and it went straight to 4th gear. I checked fluid level and also smelled to see if it was burnt but everything was ok. I checked the code and it is showing code 10

Answer
Hi Brian,
The fault codes are 4-digit numbers so the 10 is something else. How did you get that number? My most recent Ram manual is for '08 but if you can get a 4-digit fault code number let me know. About the only way to do a self-readout is to turn the ignition switch "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see I the mileage is replaced by such a number. I don't know whether that will work but give it a try. Otherwise get a readout at a shop or nationwide auto parts store.

Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston