Dodge Repair/engine replacement: 3.3L

Question
I need to replace the engine in a 2001 dodge grand caravan 3.3litre was wondering if any other year will interchange with it thank you

Answer
Hi Mike,
As to the engine proper, if the VIN number's 8th position is an R then it would seem that it would be a vehicle with the standard 3.3L engine and if it was from a vehicle from 1996-2006 it would be interchangeable. However, over the years there are likely differences if you are wondering about the pcm or the various sensors/manifolds/other gear but the basic engine proper should interchange. If you have the replaced engine available and some accessory part was different and you needed it, then you could scavenge it from the old engine. But check with a dealer parts counter to see what they say; or check with an engine rebuilder to see what they say.
There is a 'flex fuel' 3.3L engine which is different and that would have a "3" rather than an "R" in the VIN number and would not interchange.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the 'pool' to which it was referred by Kevin.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston