Dodge Repair/engine swap from a 2002 dodge stratu to a 2004 stratus

Question
I have a 2004.5 dodge stratus with a blown 2.4L engine, I have pulled motor & tranny assembly out of the car already. For replacement engine & tranny assembly from a 2002 dodge stratus with a 2.4L engine as well. that also has been pulled already. I was speaking with a mechanic over the weekend & he told me that there was 2 different crankshafts used in 04 stratus. it could be a 16 tooth crankshaft or a 32 tooth crankshaft. was told if I tried putting the engine in & firing it, if it was wrong it could blow air box apart, or explode the intake apart. how can I tell what motor I have, & what crank is in motor I want to put in. I looked both cars up by vin & both say 2.4L 4A engines. are these the same. would like to find out so I don't have to pull pans on both motor to verify this issue I have

Answer
hehe thats funny   blow you air box up  or intake??  yeah ammmm  no that wont happen.
What he is talking about is the cam and crank sensors are different computer for the different years. SO with what ever engine u put into teh car you will be driving  make sure the fly wheel is for that car  .  The fly wheel has the teeth that he is talking about no the crank shaft.
Also the cam shaft magnetic that is behind the sensor might also need to be swapped over.

Dodge Repair

Kevin