Dodge Repair/pcv valve: 3.7L

QUESTION: where and how do I change out my pcv valve on my 2010 dodge ram 1500 3.7L v6 pick up

ANSWER: Hi Jessie,
The pcv valve is located on the side of the oil filter housing. To remove:
remove rubber hose from side of valve
rotate valve down, counter-clockwise until the tip is facing down and the tabs on the side of the valve are aligned with slots in the retainer. Pull valve straight out.
insert replacement valve with new 0-ring (if needed and supplied) and push in then rotate clockwise until the tip is facing toward rear of vehicle
reattach hose to tip of valve
That is the procedure shown in the '08 manual which I would believe applies to your '10.

QUESTION: my new pcv valve has treads on it not like the one you are descibing

I don't have the '10 service manual, but if the valve is located on the side of the oil filter housing then I would presume that it is screwed into a threaded fitting rather than held in place by the "ears" which I mentioned. That is the best info I can offer. Let me know what you find. Thanks,

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).