Dodge Repair/Piece popped out from oil filter housing in 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with 3.6 Liter Engine

Filter Housing
Filter Housing  
There's a little black plastic nipple with a spring under it that sits at the top of the center column that the oil filter goes down over top of in the oil filter housing on my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan with a 3.6 liter engine.  When I was putting the new o-ring on the filter cap I heard a pop and looked back at the oil filter housing and the nipple piece popped out along with the spring and pieces of plastic that apparently hold that nipple in to place.  I have a picture attached with the area I'm referring to circled in red.  My question is if I purchase the whole oil filter housing will these pieces be included or is there a way to just get this nipple piece and put it back in to place?  I've also been running the van without these pieces in place and am not sure if it's okay to be doing so or not.  Any help is very much appreciated.

Hi Gary,
I found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin.
I don't have a manual for the '11 model year so can't answer your question. My advice would be to go to a Chrysler dealer parts counter and see what parts are available.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).