Dodge Repair/'06 Stratus shift mechanism

My shift knob in broken on my dodge stratus. I saw your post on someone else's similar problem and I was hoping you could help me.

Hi Denzell,
The '06 manual shows how to change out the shifter mechanism. You may want to find a used one at a wrecking yard, but first check at a dealer parts counter to determine whether there are parts available for the mechanism so you don't have to replace it entirely. No instructions are given for taking apart the shift mechanism.
I can copy the pages from the manual showing removal and install of the entire mechanism that is on a CD and attach them to an email which I will send to you directly. Let me know your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
There are shown to be 2 automatic transmissions for that year but the shift mechanisms appear to be virtually identical. They are identified as a 40 or a 41 and the parts counter can tell you for sure if the shift mechanisms are identical. The instructions for replacement seem to be the same.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).