Dodge Repair/'06 Stratus shift mechanism

Question
Dodge
Dodge  
My shift knob in broken on my dodge stratus. I saw your post on someone else's similar problem and I was hoping you could help me.

Answer
Hi Denzell,
The '06 manual shows how to change out the shifter mechanism. You may want to find a used one at a wrecking yard, but first check at a dealer parts counter to determine whether there are parts available for the mechanism so you don't have to replace it entirely. No instructions are given for taking apart the shift mechanism.
I can copy the pages from the manual showing removal and install of the entire mechanism that is on a CD and attach them to an email which I will send to you directly. Let me know your email address but don't use the @ symbol, instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased.
There are shown to be 2 automatic transmissions for that year but the shift mechanisms appear to be virtually identical. They are identified as a 40 or a 41 and the parts counter can tell you for sure if the shift mechanisms are identical. The instructions for replacement seem to be the same.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston