Dodge Repair/'10 Journey: no start

Question
I have a 2010 Dodge Journey. I put the key in and sometimes I just get a click and the I turn the key around and sometimes it starts and sometimes it dose not. I just had a recall on ignition  safety  recall R03 done we replaced the starter same thing happens. What do I do next?

Answer
Hi Anton,
I am not familiar with the recall (R03) but if it was because of this same sort of problem, and there was no charge for the recall, I would go back to the dealer and ask them to review the work that was done to be sure it was done properly.
Then if that is not going anywhere I need to know what your exact problem is. When you say it sometimes does not start do you mean that you hear a click or don't hear a click, or that you always hear a click but the starter doesn't always respond, or that the starter always responds but the engine will not 'catch' and run?
We need to focus on whether this is an issue that seems to be related to the ignition switch, the starter motor relay (which is in the power box and should make a soft click when you try to start), the starter motor and its loud click switch, or the engine won't catch and run.
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which the other expert, Kevin, had referred it.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston