Dodge Repair/manual trans problem: '98 Neon

my car
my car  
hi i have  98 dodge neon four door its the DOHC 2.0 16 valve prob im havin is second gear is grind n wont go into to gear it jus grinds and throws it out but here is the kicker i can start the car and put in second and take off some times not all the time tho i jus need to know do i need to adjust the clutch and if so how or if the synchronizer is bad and one more thing when i drive my car if i hit ne slippery surface like snow or rain standin the road i go across it at like 55 and it damn near jerks me off the road ive had it in the shop mechanic said it was ball joint so i replaced it my self but it still does the stearing wheel damn near jerk out my hand as well ive jacked her up and nothin is loose i replace both inner and outter tyrods and wheel bearing on passenger cause it was catchtin and grindin i for the life of have no idea what could cause that im not super mechanicaly enclined but i know alot at same time

Hi Daniel,
I would begin the 2nd gear problem by adjusting the shift cables between the gear shift lever and the transmission. I have the '97 manual which shows how to do that and I can photo copy the pages and postal mail them to you. Just tell me your postal mailing address.
On the wet road problems I wonder whether one of the front brakes is dragging such that when the tire enters the wet surface that suddenly allow the wheel to lock up or something similar. So touch the rims of both front wheels to see if one is hotter than the other after you have been driving for several miles. Otherwise I can't identify what might be causing this.
PS I just found your question in the "pool" to which Kevin, the other expert, had sent it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).