Dodge Repair/1991 Dodge Caravan

Question
Ok, the mechanic and I searched for the valve and could not find one. He showed me where one should be and he looked behind the manifold to. Any other suggestions? The codes that came up were #22 and #11.

Answer
Hi Chris,
As to the egr, only 3.0L engines sold in California originally had that in the '91 model year. So forget about that as the cause of your power output issue.
As to the 11 fault code, that suggests that either there is a problem inside the distributor with photo-optic detector assembly or one of the 4 wires from that assembly is flakey. The orange wire goes to pin 7, the tan/yellow to pin 44, the gray to pin 24, and the black/light blue wire goes to pin 4 of the 60-pin plug at the engine control module. So you would wand to check the continuity of those wires and if OK then replace the photo-optic detector inside the distributor as that code says the signal from the unit is not being reliably "seen" at the ecm.
As to the 22 code it says that the coolant sensor voltage seen at the ecm is outside the expected range. The black/light blue wire is a reference voltage (probably 8v) which is also found on the same color wire at the MAP sensor/throttle position sensor, etc. so verify that  the same voltage on that wire is found at those 3 sensors. The tan/black wire of the coolant temp sensor is variable depending upon the temperature, but in any case test the continuity of that wire to pin 2 of the ecm. The sensor resistance between its two pins should read around 4k ohms when cold, and drop gradually down to around 1k ohms at the normal operating temperature of the engine.
Let me know how this works out, please.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston