Dodge Repair/'94 Spirit won't start

Question
My 1994 dodge spirit isn't picking up the gas from the tank.It happened out of nowhere. It cut off and hasn't started. What can be the problems

Answer
Hi Aaron,
The gas doesn't go to the engine unless the engine has spark so we need to look for the cause of no spark. Try using the self-diagnostic capability of the engine controller by using the ignition key: turn it "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the "check engine" light which remains "on" to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, pause etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure you have an accurate set of flash counts. Then let me know the counts in order of appearance and we'll go from there. Tell me which L engine size you have.
One other thing: when you turn the key to run position listen for the hum of the fuel pump coming from the gas tank which will last for about a second then stop. It should start to hum again when you try the starter but that sound may drown out the hum. Let me know if you don't hear any 1 second hum coming from the tank.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston