Dodge Repair/EGR Valve location: '06 4.7L

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7 liter magnum. I am wondering where the EGR Valve is located on this engine. I am also getting a code of P1404.

The gas cap light came on and I replaced the gas cap twice and is still showing, any advice?

Hi Darrell,
The egr valve is mounted at the rear end of the left side cylinder head on that engine.
As to the 1404 code, are you sure of that number as I don't see it in the '06 service manual.
Sorry the delay in responding as I just found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by the other expert, Kevin.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).