Dodge Repair/96 ram van 5.2 liter: missing

Hi can you tell me where cylinder # 4 and 6 are located if you were looking from the front of vehicle .
seem to be misfiring.
What would be a probable cause.
Plugs ,wire , rotor?

Hi Brad,
Looking from the front the 4 and 6 cylinders are on the left side and would be the middle two cylinders (arranged 2468 on that side). As to miss: it could be mechanical (compression low) or electrical (spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor) or fuel injectors.
Did you get a fault code number using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less? Then watch to odometer window to see if the mileage reading changes to show a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If not, then do it again and see if the check engine light begins to flash, pause flash, etc. and count the number of flashes before each pause.
Let me know what you find.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).