Dodge Repair/97 caravan won't start

I have a 97 caravan that had a power steering leak and the pulley on the pump broke so hired a local mechanic to replace the line the pump and the pulley after he did that he said the tension pulley was broke replaced that as well the van would not start hooked a computer up said both sensors were missing replaced the crank and cam sensor still wont start I do know he broke the ground wire with battery still kooked up and shoved it between to metal brackets now tge fluid just pours out the pump and the van just cranks any ideals on what can be wrong

Hi Brandee,
To get an idea of what might cause the no start use your ignition key to get a fault code number that may tell us what the engine controller thinks is wrong. Turn the key "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then notice the "check engine" light, which remains "on", begins to flash, pause, flash etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure that you have an accurate set of flash counts. The last two sets of flashes should be 5 and 5. Let me know the flash counts in the order of appearance and we'll go from there. Also tell me which size (L) engine you have.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).