Dodge Repair/air conditioner blower: '94 Dakota truck

rebuilt transmission in 94 doge dakota 3.9 , air worked great before. after rebuilt trans.  compressure will come on but nothing else. have checked ever fuse panel, fuse, relays and swithces we can reach.compressor will come on  and cycle but the blower still wont come on. far as i can tell the relays and everthing has fire as we can tell. have bumped blower motor but still nothing

Hi Rose,
I found in the '95 Mitchell Dodge Truck manual that the blower motor is powered by a 30 amp fuse that is labeled "F2" in the fuse box in the cabin under the dash. See if your truck has such a fuse and test it for continuity. Also, try jumping 12v to the blower motor wire that comes from the resistor block to check whether the blower motor is good.
While I don't have the '94 manual wiring diagram I believe that the issue may be in the blower motor resistor block which is what provides the variable blower speeds. It is usually mounted on the bottom of the HVAC unit under the dash, at the right hand end near the blower motor housing. There is a wire that runs from the blower motor housing directly to a plug for the resistor block. If you remove that plug you will see a couple of screws that hold the block in place. Remove those screws and the block will drop out for replacement.
Usually when it fails it still will allow the blower to run full speed, you just loose all the lower speeds, so check that out by setting the speed on high. It might still not blow on high in which case it would be the fuse that powers the block, but without a wiring diagram I can't tell you which one that is. Also, check in the power box and the fuse box to see if there might be a blower motor relay which could be faulty and you can try substituting a similar relay to see if that restores the function. But look at the resistor block and notice if one of those resistors appears to be burned out. If so, then that block needs to be replaced.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).