Dodge Repair/'00 Dakota 318 oil pan removal

oil pan removal 318 dodge dekata how do you remove the oil pan on a 2000 slt

Hi Ernie,
The earliest Dakota manual I have is for '04. The engines used then were the 3.9, 4.7, 5.9, and 3.7L. The oil pan removal is different for all four engines with the 4.7 and 5.9 being the most complicated. If it appears to be a tough job then I suspect the procedure for the 4.7 (which apparently replaced the 318 V-8 around '00) is what you would find useful, but I will be glad to copy the pages for any of these engine's oil pan removal instruction and send them to you as an attachment to an email. Let me which of these if any you would like to get. I assume that the chassis of the '04 Dakota is like your '00 but even that may not be the case. Sorry to not have an earlier manual to share with you.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).