You are here:

Dodge Repair/'05 Dodge Grand Caravan rear evaporator lower assembly.


I have a leak where the tubes are exposed to the elements. I have the part I need to replace it but a can't get the extension block free from the plate below it.  Is there a special tool I can use?  Do I need to take it to a dealer and have them take it off? If so…would they do that? Or is there a lubricant ofor corrosion remover that would help free the two pieces. I don't want to have to put a ton of money in this.


Hi Kelli,
There are several pages in the manual that describe the steps for the removal and installation. I can copy those and attach them to an email I would send to you directly. Let me know your email address but use "at" instead of the symbol @, otherwise the address will be erased automatically.

Dodge Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roland Finston


Get a Free Fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or briefly unavailable so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2012 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.


Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

Awards and Honors
"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).

©2017 All rights reserved.