Dodge Repair/Lamp out dinging with brakes and right turn signal when headlights are on

I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 5.9 360. My lamp out is coming on when I apply the brakes and when I turn the right turn signal on only with the headlights on. my lights are working except for the right rear middle bulb. I have replaced the bulb and the bulb circuit board. the wires also look good. any thing else I can check?

Hi Miles,
I found your question in the "pool" to which it had been referred by Kevin.
I have the '03 manual which shows a "lamp out indicator" function, and also I have the '01 manual which does not show that function. So I assume the '03 manual applies to your '02.
I would appreciate your rephrasing your description of the exact problem as it is not clear to me under what circumstances the right rear middle bulb is not working  (e.g. the problem is only present with the headlamps in use, otherwise it is fine?). Please also describe what functions that bulb is supposed to do, and if you recall how many wires and color of those wires if you remember.  I can be sure then that I know which bulb is giving you the problem.
I have the wiring diagrams so should be able to tell you what to look for.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).