Dodge Repair/'01 Stratus: crank sensor 'damage'

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0, I have spark and fuel and good compression. Everytime i put a new crank position sensor on it will start and run but has no power than once its shut off it wont start back unless i put another crank sensor on. I have also noticed after it wont start back the spark plugs are very wet "gas" any tips?

Hi Doug,
I am unaware that the '01 Stratus had a 3.0L engine; the manual shows it to be a 2.7L V-6.
The sensor may be being damaged by the torque converter disc which it is positioned very close to due to too much free play in the crankshaft bearing. Do you see and damage to the face of the sensor? If so, you might try positioning a new sensor slightly further from the surface.
The other possibility is that the voltage being applied to the sensor is 12v rather than what it should be, 8v. So check the voltage on the orange wire on pin 3 of its plug.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found it in the question 'pool' to which Kevin had referred it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).