Dodge Repair/'01 Stratus: crank sensor 'damage'

Question
I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0, I have spark and fuel and good compression. Everytime i put a new crank position sensor on it will start and run but has no power than once its shut off it wont start back unless i put another crank sensor on. I have also noticed after it wont start back the spark plugs are very wet "gas" any tips?

Answer
Hi Doug,
I am unaware that the '01 Stratus had a 3.0L engine; the manual shows it to be a 2.7L V-6.
The sensor may be being damaged by the torque converter disc which it is positioned very close to due to too much free play in the crankshaft bearing. Do you see and damage to the face of the sensor? If so, you might try positioning a new sensor slightly further from the surface.
The other possibility is that the voltage being applied to the sensor is 12v rather than what it should be, 8v. So check the voltage on the orange wire on pin 3 of its plug.
Sorry for the delay in responding but I just found it in the question 'pool' to which Kevin had referred it.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston