Dodge Repair/1986 d350 wont start

Question
I HAVE A 1986 DODGE ONE TON PICK-UP. IT WONT START HAVE NO SPARK I HAVE REPLACED MODULE ,COIL ,PICK-UP COIL AND BALLAST . WHEN I CHECK FOR POWER AT COIL I HAVE 12 VOLTS ON POSITIVE BUT NOT ON NEGATIVE .IF I UNPLUG MODULE I HAVE POWER ON NEG. I HAVE CHECKED THE WIRES AND FOUND NO BROKEN OR SHORTED WIRES CAN U HELP ME THANKS

Answer
Hi Randy,
I don't have manuals that go back to '86 for trucks. Can you tell me the size (L) of the engine? The term "module" is unclear to me, does it have another name?, and similarly the "ballast". What sort of distributor rotation position sensor does it have?
It would help if you could get a fault code readout. Try turning the ignition switch "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the check engine light which remains "on" to see if it begins to flash, pause, flash, etc. If so, count the number of flashes before each pause. Then repeat the process to be sure of an accurate set of flash counts. Let me know and we'll go from there.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston