You are here:

Dodge Repair/'91 rear suspension jounce bumper


I have a 1991 dodge dynasty my rear coil spring came out after my wife hit a curb which messed up the rubber bumper that goes with the spring I was told it is called a jouse bumper I don't have any other info on it have you ever run across this problem
no auto parts store could help me

Hi Bill,
All the rear suspensions on the front wheel drive vehicles in the early '90's has that jounce bumper. You may have to get a replacement from a dealer or on line. It is fairly easy to replace by elevating the rear on that side and then removing the shock absorber to allow the suspension to drop down far enough to remove the spring. I can copy a couple of pages from the manual and postal mail them to you if you tell me your postal mailing address.

Dodge Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roland Finston


Get a Free Fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or briefly unavailable so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2012 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.


Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

Awards and Honors
"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).

©2017 All rights reserved.