Dodge Repair/rough runnuing after rain

Question
QUESTION: I have a 95 ram 1500 with 5.9. after a rain the truck will start and run fine for about a mile, then it drops several cylinders and wont pull, then quits under throttle. the engine will refire but only run at idle. after a few days the problem goes away

ANSWER: Hi Jim,
That might be due to worn out spark plug wires shorting their voltage to the engine head. So when it is a dark location at night see whether you can observe any such arcing/shorting out. That would be the first thing to consider replacing.
Roland

QUESTION: I will do that, but I have had the hood up at dark in the morning and didn't notice anything. I have replaced all the electrical components ,cap, rotor, wires, plugs,coil, computer and module. didn't have this issue before.

Answer
Hi Jim,
Try to get a fault code readout using the ignition key: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then observe the check engine light, which remains "on" to see it begin to flash, pause, flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause. then repeat the process to insure that the counts are accurate. Let me know them in order of appearance.
Also, check out the action of the egr valve stem. It has a slot into which you can insert the tip of a screwdriver and move it back and forth. Make sure is closes to a dead stop via internal spring-action. Lubricate the stem where it enters the valve body with WD-40.
If the spark plug wires were repleaced then those should not cause your problem.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston