Dodge Repair/01 ram 360 magnum

QUESTION: Obd11 says misfire cylinder one. Changed all ignition parts notice exhaust sucks in and out with piece of paper. What should next step be.

ANSWER: Hi Mike,
The problem could be a faulty fuel injector on that cylinder or a mechanical problem with the cylinder which might be causing a lower compression to be present. You didn't say exactly what ignition parts you had replace so let me know those when you send a follow-up question.
So measure the compression of cyl. 1 and compare to another cylinder to verify they are within 25% of oneanother. If that checks out then consider replacing the injector for that cylinder. I assume that the 360 refers to the cubic inch displacement of the engine, correct?

QUESTION: Yes 360ci 5.9l, coil plugs wires distributor cap and rotar button. My thoughts are stuck open exhaust valve do to the fact the exhaust pipe will suck in with the consistency of the misfire and the misfire is not always noticeable

Hi Mike,
A compression measurement would support that possibility. Also you could check the lash adjusters for spongy/firm condition on that cylinder after removing the valve cover. Press on the rocker arms above the adjusters.
Thanks for the specifics and please let me know what you learn.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).