Dodge Repair/'05 Durango parking lamps

QUESTION: i have a 2005 dodge durango with no tailights how can i trouble shoot the relay and power distribution box

ANSWER: There is a park lamp relay in the power distribution box and when it is activated it feeds the lamps through fuses 8 and 10 adjacent to it. Are the front lamps off as well?

QUESTION: Yes front lamps are off brake lights work and also back up lighrs

Other than the 2 fuses, the park lamp relay is the only other component that powers those lamps and it may be defective. Put your finger on/listen to that relay when a helper turns the lamps switch to the first position which is for the parking lamps. If it clicks then at least we know the activation circuit works, and so then I would try to switch out the relay with another relay in the box with the same part number and try it again to see if the lamps then work. If so then replace the relay. If the relay doesn't click then there is some sort of a communication failure from the lamps switch to the front control module of the main power box which controls that relay's functioning.
So let me know what you find.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).