You are here:

Dodge Repair/Changing transmission CVT Fluid: Caliber


Can you tell me how to change the CVT fluid in my daughters 2007 Dodge Caliber?  I am thinking I need to drop the pan, replace the filter and reinstall the pan with a new gasket.  Not sure where to add the new fluid, is it through the dipstick port?ldxe7

Hi Mark,
Yes, you must remove the pan, replace the filter (strainer) and its O-ring, replace the pan gasket. The fluid is added via the dipstick tube. The fill amount is 7L (14.8 pints).
Torque the bolts of the strainer and the pan to 70 inch-pounds.
By the way, the fluid normally changes from green to brown but that alone does not indicate a need to change the fluid. Only if it smells burnt would it be appropriate to change it.

Dodge Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roland Finston


Get a Free Fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or briefly unavailable so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2012 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.


Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

Awards and Honors
"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).

©2017 All rights reserved.