Dodge Repair/Changing transmission CVT Fluid: Caliber

Question
Can you tell me how to change the CVT fluid in my daughters 2007 Dodge Caliber?  I am thinking I need to drop the pan, replace the filter and reinstall the pan with a new gasket.  Not sure where to add the new fluid, is it through the dipstick port?ldxe7

Answer
Hi Mark,
Yes, you must remove the pan, replace the filter (strainer) and its O-ring, replace the pan gasket. The fluid is added via the dipstick tube. The fill amount is 7L (14.8 pints).
Torque the bolts of the strainer and the pan to 70 inch-pounds.
By the way, the fluid normally changes from green to brown but that alone does not indicate a need to change the fluid. Only if it smells burnt would it be appropriate to change it.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston