Dodge Repair/parking/driving lamps: '04 Durango

Question
I have a2004 Dodge Durango SLT 5.7 Hemi 4x4 I notice that my driving tail light wont come on parking lights wont work either I checked all fuses all ok change all bulbs at rear of vehicle and nothing I did notice when I turn the light switch from off to parking lights and then to head lights the digital trip miles lights dim to the point that it makes it hard to see also when I slamed the hood down the parking lights and driving lights came back on what could be going on  Please Help.thank you .

Answer
Hi Angel,
Sorry for the delay but I just found your question in the "pool" to which the other expert, Kevin, had referred it.
I do have the '04 wiring diagrams and I think we can solve this if it is still a problem for you. But I need to know, if your problem is with the tail lights on both sides AND with the parking lamps on both sides at the front of the car, correct? Or is the problem related only to the rear lighting?
The problem may be in the power box in the engine compartment where there is a "park lamp" relay that turns on the park (front) and tail (rear) lamps. You could try switching out that relay with another relay of the same part number (that is not critical for something else) and see if that solves the lighting problem but causes the problem in the substitute location. If so then replace that relay.
Thanks,
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston