Dodge Repair/08 Caravan Fuel Injector

I recently had to pull my injectors to resolve a mis-fire issue. No big deal...until, on three of my injector ports there was what appeared to be a sort of plastic or gasket type of spacer or seal which crumbled into pieces.  Three were salvaged but in poor condition.  No one knows what these are or where I can get them. The dealer says I can only get them with a new injector.  Sorry, not buying that one. It sits below the lower o-ring on top of the intake manifold. Any thoughts on what these are called or where they can be obtained?

Hi Kevin,
I have looked in both the Chrysler and the Mitchell service manuals and neither of them describe a "gasket type of spacer or seal" associated with the fuel rail or the injector. Only the O-ring for the injector is mentioned. Perhaps you can find out who the manufacturer of the injectors is and contact them directly. You could also go to a different dealer parts counter and ask to look at the parts manual which typically has drawings for all the listed part systems.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).