Dodge Repair/'09 dodge Challenger not starting

Hi I have a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT 8  The other day I was driving the car and I was coming up to a light in the car stalled everything went dead we try to use jumper cables jumper cables wouldn't work we use a jump box in the car started but when you took the jump box off the car stalled I had the car towed to a shop shop put on jump box for a while and in that car is running fine and it ran fine for about a week then I was driving it and I stopped at a store went back out started the car and then it just died same thing no lights no nothing I change the battery because someone told me that it's the battery and it's been fine sense but I'm thinking something cause the battery to die but if the cars been running fine since what do you think can a battery cause the car to stall when I'm sitting at a light

Hi Mike,
If everything dies, that suggests that the cable clamps to the battery may be loose/corroded or that the other end of the ground cable and the red 12v cable could be loose/corroded. The battery itself could also have an internal "open" between two cells which when that happens would be similar to a cable issue. If it happens again, do verify that every aspect of the electrical system is dead and if so then a voltmeter should be used to test for voltage at the battery and at all the positive cables attached to it at their far ends and test that the - post clamp is indeed connected to ground.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).