Dodge Repair/'15 Grand Caravan Extended Repair Warranty: worth it?

I own a 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan that I purchased new. During the initial purchase, I also opted to buy the factory "Added Care +" extended warranty up through 7 years/70K miles at a cost of $2695. I have recently been considering cancelling the extended warranty as I could use those extra funds right now.

My question for you is whether or not it is worth it to keep this extended warranty? Is this warranty coverage worth $2695 in your professional opinion? This is my first Dodge Grand Caravan, so I am unsure as to how much of the extended warranty I may actually use if at all plus it is only through 70K miles. Not sure if the standard factory warranty would cover the big items that may go wrong?  

Any feedback you can provide on the value of this factory extended warranty would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you for your time.

Hi Michael,
I am not familiar with the extended warranty provisions nor do I have the frequency of repair records for Grand Caravan to see what the most likely/possible problems might be. The April issue of Consumer Reports magazine does give that sort of data each year and is referenced to the model year. So I would recommend that you go the nearby public library and look in the reference section for that issue when it comes out next month to see how the Caravan is doing as reported by other owners. Then weigh the costs of the likeliest repairs against the cost not having the extended warranty should one of them occur during the extended warranty period. Then you can compare that against the amount of money you will get back if you cancel it.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).