Dodge Repair/3.8 v6 engine swap

Will a 98 dodge 3.8 v6 fit into an 05 Town & Country?

Hi Denny,
I believe that the "L" engine of the '98 is the same mechanical size as the "EGH" used in the '05. The earlier engine is 'multi-point fuel injection' while the later is SMPI (which may mean 'sequential multipoint fuel injection') so there could be some differences between the fuel distribution systems and thus an issue with powertrain control module or fuel lines so check that out also. But physically they should be identical. A dealer parts counter should be able to help out.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).