Dodge Repair/'98 dodge 3500 4x4

I have a 1998 dodge 3500 4x4 with a dump box.this truck has a long history of problems.Recently had the transmission rebuilt,after that the motor won't run properly.the shop replaced the coil and the crank sensor this did not fix the problem.the coil on this truck has been replaced three times in the past 10000 miles,now they want to replace the fuel pump.the motor ran find before the transmission repair.Any ideas?

Hi Gary,
I wonder if you have any diagnostic fault codes. Use the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch the odometer window to see the mileage reading replace by any 4-digit numbers preceded by a P.  Let me know what you find. Tell me the engine size (L) and also what exactly is the motor doing improperly?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).