Dodge Repair/Electronic stability program, esp trouble/"stalling": '09 Caravan

Question
QUESTION: when I start to move van want's to stall, and if I push the ESP button I have no problem what could be the problem . The dealer can't find the trouble

ANSWER: Hi Bert,
What is the make/year/model of the van and which engine (L). Can you tell me what the "ESP" button stands for an I haven't known about such a button.
Roland

QUESTION: The esp means electronic spin anty spin when I start to move and turn at same time it wants to stall the dealer cant find problem it is a 2009 dodge grand caravan with 3.3 engine.
         Bert

Answer
Hi Bert,
After some searching through the '09 manual I find that the ESP (electronic stability program) is part of the anti-lock brake system. The most efficient way to correct this situation would be to find a diagnostic trouble code number that is likely logged into the Anti-lock brake system module. That is done with a diagnostic readout box that is to be plugged into the socket under the dash next to the left of the steering column. Then see whether there are any such trouble codes related to the ABS system. Such a code would have a four-digit number and would be preceded by the letter C. Did the dealer do that and charge you? If so they should have given you the fault code number.
I think what you are doing when you press the ESP button is turning OFF that program which would then suggest that there is something the matter with it. But the only way to know what is wrong would be to get the fault code and then follow the procedure that is suggested for that code number. So if you get such a code number let me know what it is and then I can tell you what it means and how to correct the problem.
The stalling that you experience has to do probably with the ABS applying wrongly the brakes to one or more of the wheels and that feels like stalling. The problem can be avoided by pushing the ESP button, but then you lose the benefit of the ESP on slippery roads. Do that if you want to not spend any more money on this issue.
Please rate/nominate me.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston