Dodge Repair/no heat in car

have a 2006 dodge caravan 3.8L does not blow heat. top radiator and lower radiator hose gets hot. but heater core hoses are cold. could a thermerstat  that is stuck cause the problem.

Hi Ricky,
If the engine is not overheating and both radiator hoses are hot then the thermostat is working. Since the heater core hoses that go through the firewall are both cold it suggests rather that the heater core is blocked. So I would suggest that you open both the hose connections to the heater core (after draining off the coolant about 2 quarts for collection and reuse) and then attach a garden hose or similar pressurized water supply to one of the hoses and see if you can clear out the blockage of the core. Then reverse the flow by attaching the pressurized source to the other hose.
The reattach hoses to engine, refill with coolant.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).