Dodge Repair/Tilt Release: '05 Ram

Went to tilt the steering wheel to drive and pushed the lever down and it broke on the inside. The lever just moves up and down now but wont tilt the wheel. What do you think it is? I keep looking but have no luck. Its a 2005 Dodge Ram Diesel 2500

Hi Carol,
I have the '05 Dodge service manual which shows the internal tilt release mechanism. If you would like to try it yourself I can copy the pages from the '05 and attach them to an email which I would send to you directly. Once you remove the shrouds on the steering column you can then inspect the situation and see what needs to be replaced and get the parts at a dealer parts counter or possible from a wrecking yard. So tell me your email address, but don't us the @ symbol instead use "at" or the address will be automatically erased. Thanks very much for the rating and nomination, and kind remarks.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).