Dodge Repair/no blinkers nor flashers: '02 Durango

I have an '02 dodge Durango.  I have no blinkers; neither left nor right and no flashers working when I use the arm or button on top of the arm mechanism. I have replaced the big relay underneath the dashboard.  I have also replaced the multi function switch ( the blinker arm mechanism ) and nothing changed so I put the original one back in as nothing changed.  When I press in the flasher switch on top you can hear the relay trigger once when activating the arm, but not "tick" tick "tick". This happens going up or down with the arm.  When I activate the alarm using the key fob, I can see both yellow blinkers up front flash and the rear brake lights flash in unison.

Help? I'm currently looking for a pin out of the connector on the steering column that connects to the arm that I might get readings on all of the pins.

Hi Hector,
I don't have the wiring diagrams for the '02 Durango, rather my earliest are for the '04. I am not clear either what you mean by the "arm". Is that the multi-function switch, and can you tell me what the circuits are which are controlled by the "arm"? I assume that your parking lights are working, correct? So let me know and let see if what I have applies to your '02.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).