Dodge Repair/Dodge 2013 Grand Caravan PCM

Question
Engine Harness
Engine Harness  

Engine Harness
Engine Harness  
Chipmunks chewed up engine wiring harness and blew out PCM. The point of my question is that I purchased a used one from LKQ Auto Salvage. When I took my van to a repair shop that has access to Chrysler Tech., it was installed only to find that it could not be programmed. This was after the Van was at a Dealership and even though the first day they said I could bring in the used one and the second day they said it could not be programmed. This is all after I called a reputable PCM place and the lady said to me over the phone that "Do not believe anyone that these PCM's can not be reprogrammed...all they need is VIN and milage." All I am asking you for is the truth...I just need to know. I am filing an insurance claim on comprehensive so this two weeks of chipmunk madness can come to an end. I wonder if it is the fact that the PowerTrain Warranty is still in effect but does not cover chipmunks. Thank you! Terry

Answer
most chrysler   cars 2000 and up  will ahve some sorta SKIM system  its where the key and the PCM is programmed to each other. Its the alarm system basically.  Once that 4 digit pin is programmed into teh pcm it can not be changed.  IF it could be then what would be the point of having an alarm system ??  SO what im saying is your used pcm has a 4 digit code that is only to that orginal pcm that it came from.  you might be able to change that vin  but not the pin code.   The reprogram places haft to replace the chip inside with a blank one then they reprogramming them  thats how they work.

Dodge Repair

Kevin