Dodge Repair/only partial heat after A/C comp replace

QUESTION: Since having my A/C compressor replaced on my '02 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT, 4.7 L V8 I'm only getting heat on the passenger side not on the driver side?

ANSWER: Hi Brian,
That is strange. I don't see why replacing the compressor would affect the distribution of the air by the HVAC box under the dash. Let me know if there is any other work that was done in that job, while I will look at the issue separately from the compressor replacement.
Do you have a dual zone temp control system, and if so what about the controlling of the AC temp air, is that working?

QUESTION: I do not have dual control and the A/C works fine on both sides

Hi Brian,
There are outlets for the defrost air, panel air, and floor air but as far as I can tell there is no control for driver vs. passenger side distribution of the air. So I can't understand why the temp of the air should be different between the passenger and driver sides. Does the distribution of the air seem to be under control otherwise according to the requests for that?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).