Dodge Repair/'02 Minivan: Park lamp 'out'

QUESTION: My caravan failed state inspection because the right front parking light is inoperative.  It is out when the parking lights are turned on and when the head lights are turned on.  However, it works fine when the right turn signal is turned on.  It uses the 3157 lamp.  Roland, your expertise on this mater would be much appreciated.

Of course the 3157 has two filaments so if you haven't tried replacing the bulb itself that would be the possible cause. The other item would be fuse 3 (15 amp)in the integrated power module which powers that specific parking lamp and could be blown so check that first.

QUESTION: Roland, thank you for your quick response. I have already replaced the light bulb and I have visually checked the fuses but I will recheck them with a ohm meter.  Thank you.

Hi Les,
If it is not fuse #3 than the problem has to be the wire from the park lamp relay to fuse 3 (so check if 12v is present on the fuse when the park lamps are requested), or the white/orange wire from the fuse to pin 2 of the bulb socket, or the bulb socket could be defective.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).