Dodge Repair/'99 Stratus: compressor removal

I'm changing out the AC compressor on a 99 Stratus and I was wondering what's the easiest way of removing the compressor and getting to the bolts?

Hi Gene,
Disconnect the remote - post of the battery cable to avoid any shorting out
Remove the drive belt that powers the compressor (tell me which engine you have if you don't know how to do that).
Disconnect compressor clutch wire.
Recover refrigerant using recovery unit
Remove refrigerant lines from compressor
Remove 2 upper and 2 lower attaching bolts from compressor
Then remove compressor.
Installation is the reverse. Tighter bolts to 30 foot-pounds.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).