Dodge Repair/2004 Dodge Durango awd Limited 5.7

Air Conditioner has stop working in the front but still works in the back. Sometimes if you tap hard on the plastic piece by the front passengers foot area it will turn on for awhile. But sounds like it is struggling and never goes to the max setting.

Also, I have noticed after it rains and you open both rear doors water starts poring out at the bottom of doors. I checked the rubber seals on the out part of the doors and they look okay to me. Any suggestions?

Hi Steven,
There is no doubt an issue inside the HVAC box under the dash, probably in relation to the blend air door not properly sending air over the ac coil. But it is such a complex system I would suggest that you try to take advantage of the self-diagnostic capability of the vehicle.
A plug-in fault code reader may find there to be a 4-digit fault code preceded by a B which will then tell us what to do. A repair shop with a higher level code reader can search the body control module which is where such a code would be found. That might cost $40 to get but would be worth it. Let me know if you get such a code.
On the water, I would wonder if the leakage was around the window seals. The manual does describe how to remove the windows and you could do that and inspect seals for possible replacement. It would be exacerbated by car washing with a lot of water applied to the windows.
Let me know if you want to try that and I can copy the pages from the manual and attach them to an email I would send to you directly.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).