Dodge Repair/Distributor cap on Dodge Ram: 5.2L

Question
QUESTION: I have a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 and I recently put a distributor cap and rotor button on it.  Before I did this it started easily and now it won't start at all.  What could I have done wrong.  I'm pretty sure the spark plug wires are done correctly.

Thanks

ANSWER: Let me check the service manual and get right back. Which size engine (L) do you have?
Roland

QUESTION: It's a 318 small V8.

Answer
OK, so it is a 5.2L. I revised my first answer:
Did you simply remove the distributor cap and rotor and replace just those parts, or did you go further and disconnect the synch wire to the distributor or remove the distributor? Did you test for spark coming to the center wire of the cap by removing that wire and holding the wire so the tip is 1/4" from the cylinder head and have a helper crank over the engine while you check for a spark to jump the gap?
Also, try for a fault code readout using the ignition switch: "on-off-on-off-on and leave on" doing that in 5 seconds or less elapsed time. Then watch too odometer window to see if the mileage reading is replaced by a 4-digit number preceded by a P. If not, then do it again and see if the "check engine light begins to flash-pause-flash, etc. Count the number of flashes before each pause and let me know.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston