You are here:

Dodge Repair/Metal hose connector: transmission cooler, '98 LH model


I have a 98 dodge intrepid 3.2 now the connector metal hose connecting the transmission and the radiator is cracked. Leaking fluids. What is the part called that i need?? And do i need to order a new hose or can i fix the crack in this one?

The blue line is  is connected to what is called the cooler "outlet", while the clear line is connected to what is called the cooler "inlet" of the transmission. You would probably do better to also replace the cracked hose. A deaker parts counter can look up the part numbers and exaxt names from the parts catalog which also shows the parts/connections.

Dodge Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Roland Finston


Get a Free Fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or briefly unavailable so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2012 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.


Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

Awards and Honors
"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).

©2017 All rights reserved.