Dodge Repair/'07 Dakota 4.7 fuel infector P0204

2007 Dodge Dakota 4.7 flex auto trans
I am getting code P0204 (faulty fuel injector circuit). But ONLY when the Air Conditioner is running. I turn off the A/C and it returns to normal after a few mins. Or I turn off AC and turn off and restart truck, all is well. Why would I only get a fault code when AC is running? I have replaced the injector. And inspected the wire. And even probed the signal from computer. However, at idle there isn't any malfunction. Why? Why only under load with AC running?

Hi James,
I don't see an obvious relationship between the AC compressor and the fuel injector circuitry other than they each have one wire that passes through a connector C100  near the battery, albeit one at either end of the multi-pin plug so I don't see how they would be interacting.
I can copy the pages that show the P0204 code details and how to check it out if that would be of any help. But I would need your email address to attach those to an email I would send to you directly. If you tell me it, don't use the @ symbol, instead us "at" or it will be automatically erased.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).