Dodge Repair/99 Dodge Stratus: Steering squeeks when wheel turned to the right

Question
I have a 99 Stratus and recently I noticed that if I turn the wheel to the right it has a squeak even if it is just sitting still. It doesn't click or anything it just squeaks when you turn the steering wheel to the right.

Answer
Hi Gene,
The first thing to check would be whether the drive belt for the power steering pump is too loose and so it is slipping on the pulley. Open the hood and watch and listen for whether the sound is coming from the belt. If so, tell me which engine you have and I can describe the procedure for adjusting the belt.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston