Dodge Repair/Drivers side ac vent blows hot

I have a 06 charger rt, the driver side blows hot while passenger side blows cold . Until I am at a light or stuck in traffic then both vents blow hot. I believe it is the actuator, any advice?

Hi Rodney,
I would suggest that you get a fault code readout using a plug-in fault code reader which would detect a problem with an actuator. A shop can do that for about $40. Let me know what the fault code number is and we'll go from there.
It may be too that your AC system is marginal as to refrigerant pressure in the system from what you describe. Do you notice that the compressor is cutting off at the time you loose all cooled air, or does it continue to run?

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).