Dodge Repair/'00 Durango radio

Question
i have a 2000 dodge durango 5.9l v8 engine. I was having issues with the radio where i could not get any fm channels but could get am and the cds would work perfectly. I unscrewed the antenna and replace it with a universal one. Now i get a few stations if im lucky. what should be the next step.

Answer
Hi Joshua,
If the AM and the CD's are working fine, and the FM reception is weak, that would typically require either repair of the FM tuner of the radio or more economically replace the radio with a used one from a similar vehicle. It is unlikely that there is a problem with the new antenna if it was meant for both AM and FM reception and the wiring was connected properly. If there is a radio repair shop you might inquire about the cost of repair, but I believe looking for a used one in wrecking yard may work out.
If neither the AM or FM reception is satisfactory then I would recheck the antenna wiring.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston