Dodge Repair/'01 ram: electical circuit problem

Question
Hey Roland. I have checked the fuses and none are faulty. The radio and backup lights still function normally. The door locks will work if the key is removed from the ignition with the key fob but not with the key in the ignition. I think that works that way to help prevent locking the key inside. I  have no power on the fuse that feeds the power windows. The fuse is in the cabin fuse cluster and it is fuse # 20. I guess my question is where does the power come from to feed the fuse for power windows.  My ignition switch has the following wires on it.... red - constant power, yellow - starter wire, dark blue - 12v ignition wire,  black/orange - second 12v ignition wire, black/white - 12v accessory wire, and a pink/black - constant 12v. The pink/black wire has no power on it and I guess that's where I'm hung up. I have this one diagram that tells me what these wires do but that doesn't mean it's correct. I traced the pink/black down the harness and it lands on the connector block and then through the firewall to the power distribution ox under the hood. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but it seems like I need power on that wire to make windows and doors and blower work. Also that maybe where the power for the abs and air bag systems get the power signal?  Abs and air bag lights on because no power signal to system?   I can make the windows and doors and blower work if I remove them from the system so I'm fairly certain that my problem is the lack of power or possibly a lack of ground?

Answer
Hi Guy,
The power windows use a circuit breaker rather than a fuse, and it is 20 amp so that is why you may be describing it as fuse 20. It is fed from section A22 of the ignition switch (along with fuses 2,3,7,18) on a black/orange wire from the ignition switch, when in the run position.
The pink/black wire should have 12v on it always as it comes from fuse 2 in the power distribution box which is connected to the battery. So check fuse 2 (30 amp) which indeed powers the A22 section of the ignition switch! That is likely your problem because it also is involved with the air bag and abs, and the blower motor relay.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston