Dodge Repair/'07 Charger:A/C blows warm air for passenger

Question
2007 Dodge Charger SRT - 6.1 - My A/C (dual climate control) blows warm air to passenger side. Driver's side is working.  Could this be the actuator and how can I fix this?

Sincerely,

Ken

Answer
Hi Ken,
Yes, it is probably the blend air door actuator. which if true would set a fault code which could be readout with a fault code reader. But the charge for the readout may be similar to the cost of the actuator so you might just as well buy an actuator and replace it.
The passenger side actuator is on the right hand end of the HVAC housing under the  dash. Accessing it only requires that you remove the glove box bin. Squeeze the upper ends of the box to release that limiting feature and allows the box to fall further open. Then lift the lower ends from the pivots on each end, turn the bin sideways and then release it from the strap and retainer on the upper right hand end. Once the bin is out of the way you will find the actuator mounted on the HVAC right hand end. Remove the screws that hold it in place and install the new actuator (after removing the electrical plug, and the replace the plug after installation. You can rotate the shaft slightly to help ease the meshing of the actuator to the blend door socket). It will self-calibrate following a few uses/adjustments.
If you try for a fault code let me know what number comes out and I can look that up and let you know what it means.
Roland

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston