Dodge Repair/1990 3.3 and 3.8 motors

QUESTION: will the camshaft and crankshaft sensors interchange on a 3.3 and 3.8 v6 dodge motors

ANSWER: Hi Bret,
I don't find there to be a 3.8L engine in 1990. Can you clarify the sizes and which vehicle these are used in?

QUESTION: The 3.8 is in a 1990 New Yorker

Hi Bret,
I did find in my Haynes manual for 1998-93 full size cars that there is a section about those sensors for the 3.3 and 3.8L engine. Those appear to be identical engines except for the displacement and also that the cam and crank sensors are located identically in the engines. The replacement of the sensors is discussed as if they are identical, so on that basis I would believe that the sensors are indeed identical.
Thanks for you rating/nomination.

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston

Free fast answer to your repair question about a Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth car, minivan, SUV, or truck. Problems with electronically controlled engines and transmissions as well as body wiring problems are my specialty. This free troubleshoot advice forum helps you diagnose faults, minimize repair costs or do-it-yourself.

I answer questions seven days a week and respond to you in about 30 minutes. "Maxed Out" means I am answering another question or asleep overnight so try again later.

I have do-it-yourself experience (50+ years) and a library of 100 1982-2011 Chrysler factory shop manuals and 20 multi-manual Chrysler Corp. CD's.

I was voted "Top expert" from 2010-2015 here at AllExperts, and have answered 20,000+ questions.

Five decades as a 'do-it-yourselfer' on domestic and imported cars

Yahoo Autos Group called The Chrysler Lebaron Club (co-moderator)

Degrees in Physics/bruised knuckles.

"Top expert" of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 here at Allexperts. Quickest "average response time" at Allexperts (currently no. 1).