Dodge Repair/'89 Ram 3.9L : position sensors, ASD

Question
Does the 1989 Dodge B150 Van 3.9V6 have an Automatic Shut Down, a camshaft sensor or crankshaft sensor? And if so, where would I find them?

Answer
Hi Michael,
So far I have checked the '01 3.9L manual and find that the camshaft sensor is in the distributor (remove the cap and if you find a disc and wires going to a sensor then that is it), a crankshaft sensor is mounted at the right rear of the engine on the top of the block just behind the right cylinder head and "looks" at the flywheel. There is an automatic shut down relay also, in the power distribution center but I wonder if there is such a center in the '89. More likely it is mounted to the firewall or the sidewall of the engine compartment.
I do have a '95 Mitchell manual which shows the same locations for the sensors, so I would believe they are the same in your '89. As to the ASD relay, it was not specific as to location but said it was either on the left inner fender or the power distribution box (if you have one).
Roland
PS Please consider giving be a rating and nomination. Thanks

Dodge Repair

Roland Finston